Saturday 3 November 2012

Burger Time

Instead of uploading photos I have taken over the years, I decided to start with something I did today. 

I have never been a fan of burgers, especially not fast-food ones, however I got a sudden craving for a 'healthy' one this afternoon. I bought some Rustica Bread rolls from Waitrose and Pesto from one of my favorite food places, a Delicatessen Shop in Nottingham called Delilah. 




I used the following ingredients:
Rustica Bread Roll (Ciabatta would work too)
Beef Burger 
Gouda Cheese
Cherry Tomatoes
Rocket
Pesto
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar



 While I fried the burgers in a frying pan I cut the bread roll and grilled it in the oven. Once both sides were crispy, I took them out of the oven, sprinkled the olive oil and balsamic vinegar on both sides and spread pesto over the top half.  I placed the well-done burger on the bottom half of the bread roll and put the Gouda on top of it. This went back into the oven for 2 minutes so that the cheese could melt. I put sliced cherry tomatoes on the cheese, followed by rocket and then the top half of the bread. 



Et voilà, my first home made burger. 


I have to admit, this is more a food post than a photo post, but more pictures will follow soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment